This is so easy I’m not sure it even counts as a recipe! We make these for Miss EEE all the time. They are a great Baby Led Weaning option – to start off on their own or, as time goes on, as an accompaniment to the main event. The wedges are very squishy which makes them perfect! This recipe brings me food joy because it is so easy and nutritious for your little one.
I would advise removing the skin for babies as they can struggle with the skin and it can be a choking hazard.
Serves: 1 Large Sweet Potato makes approx 30 wedges
Prep Time: Seconds!
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180″c (160″c fan assisted oven)
- Give your sweet potato a good wash and pat dry
- Peel the sweet potato if making wedges for a baby
- Cut your sweet potato into triangle wedges the length of your baby’s fist and approx 1 cm wide (at the fat end of the wedge)
- Distribute the wedges evenly in a ceramic baking dish
- Pour over the Olive Oil and then coat each wedge by flipping it over in the oil
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the wedges are soft