A hit for Mama and Baby alike, my makeover of the humble Tuna Jacket makes for a simple lunch. I love how quick and easy it is to create a nutritious lunch that you can share with your baby.
Miss EEE and I are both at the tail end of a nasty cold. Nothing makes me feel better like a smile and a giggle from my little lady, so I decided on an easy, minimum effort lunch, to leave more time for playing. I bunged a humble potato in the oven and Miss EEE and I hit the park for some serious playtime on the swings. I was treated to lots of toothy grins and giggles from Madam and when we got home it was just a few minutes until lunch was on the table. As easy as child’s play!
I decided to jazz up the filling and give it a bit of a makeover from your bog standard Tuna jacket. As you can see, Teddy had to stand guard but Miss EEE enjoyed getting stuck into her nutritious lunch as much as I did. I also love being able to share food directly off my plate with her.
- 1 Large Baking Potato
- 1 Tin of Tuna in Spring Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- Chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180″c
- Using a sharp knife put a criss cross in the top of your potato. Put directly on the oven shelf to cook for approx 2 hours. Go about your day and have fun with your little one!
- Keep an eye on your potato to make sure it is cooked through before you take it out.
- To prepare the filling, drain the tuna and place in a bowl
- Mix in all remaining ingredients
- Cut your jacket potato in half and top each side with the filling
- Garnish with chives